Another winter is upon us and Stephen’s Autobody wanted to remind you of a few things you can do to avoid car accidents. Avoiding collisions isn’t too difficult as long as you stick to a more cautious driving approach. We hope the following ten tips will keep you safe on the roads. And in case you do need a little bit of auto body help, we are here to assist you!
- If you want to avoid any car problems this winter, make sure your vehicle is in good condition. This includes checking your tire pressure, and tire traction depth, brakes, wiper blades, and fluid levels.
- Make sure you have a few important things handy in case of an emergency. For example, water, food, and a flashlight in case you’re trapped with no power.
- It’s getting colder outside, so it may be a better idea to slow down when driving. Winter weather makes walks a lot more dangerous and your car will take longer to stop or slow at high speeds.
- Always switch on your headlights and use your turn signals. This way other drivers will know where you’re going.
- It can be hard to stop on slippery roads when there is a lot of traffic. Make sure you keep a safe distance between your vehicle and those around you to make the ride smoother.
- Be extra careful when driving on bridges, overpasses and shaded areas as these surfaces are more likely to freeze faster than surfaces exposed to sunlight.
- Start driving slowly and be more conscious of your actions on the road.
- If the roads are slippery, try not to use cruise control.
- If you lose traction, take your foot off the gas and steer in the direction you want to go.
- If you break down in the snow, make sure to stay with your car and keep it on to stay warm.
Safe Travels and Best Wishes for 2023!
Stephen’s Auto Body Team